The Greater Atlanta Malayalee Association would like to invite suggestions for any ConstitutionalAmendments AND/OR Resolutions that needs to be considered for the 2016 Annual General Body to be held on December 10th at the Mountain View High School in Lawrenceville, GA.
Please note that as per section 13.1 of the GAMA constitution, any amendments or revisions to the current constitution of GAMA can be made only at a General Body meeting. The proposed amendments shall be circulated for a minimum of 30 days before the meeting. At least a majority of two thirds votes polled of those present in person shall be required to ratify any alteration or amendments. Also, please note that as per section 10.2 of the GAMA constitution, the quorum of the General Body meeting is one third of the total members. In the absence of a quorum, the General Body will be adjourned.Please visit the following link to view the current GAMAConstitution, Amendments and Resolutions : GAMA Legal and Financial
Please note :
- All completed suggestion forms should be either emailed to email@example.com or mailed to GAMA · PO Box 468161, Atlanta, GA 31146 by October 25th, 2016.
- Only current GAMA members with the dues paid before Sep 30, 2016 and is 18 years or older can submit a suggestion.
- As per section 11.1 a of the GAMA constitution, eligibility to vote in the General Body meeting is restricted to members with membership dues paid before Sep 30, 2016.
- All forms without full member details and the signature will be rejected.
- All suggestions received will be reviewed and circulated among GAMA members from November 1st to the date of General Body.