The Greater Atlanta Malayalee Association would like to invite nominations to the 2017 Executive Committee . Elections, if required will be held as part of the 2016 Annual General Body to be held on December 10th, Saturday at the Mountain View High School in Lawrenceville, GA.
Executive Committee Composition: As per section 3.2 of the GAMA constitution, the Executive Committee shall consist of 13 (thirteen) members elected by the General Body. The Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer and 8 (eight) other committee members who may hold various organizational responsibilities.
Elections will be conducted only if more than 13 nominations are received. As per section 11.1 a of the GAMA constitution, eligibility to vote in the General Body meeting is restricted to members with membership dues paid before Sep 30, 2016. As per section 10.2 of the GAMA constitution, the quorum of the General Body meeting is one third of the total members. In the absence of a quorum, the General Body will be adjourned.
Eligibility: As per Amendment to Section 2 of the GAMA constitution, a candidate can run forelections to the Executive Committee only after being a member for 2 (two) years. As per Addendum to Section 4.2 of the GAMA constitution, candidates intending to run for President should have a minimum of 5 (five) years of GAMA membership (Consecutive years not required). Please visit the following link to view the current GAMA Constitution, Amendments and Resolutions: GAMA Legal and Financial
- To submit a nomination, please download the form here (click link) and follow the instructions in it.
- You can either nominate yourself (self nomination) or multiple other eligible members.
- Nomination form must be filled in complete and signed by the nominee and the nominator (where applicable).
- Only current GAMA members with member dues paid before Sep 30, 2016 and is 18 years or older can submit a nomination
- All completed forms should be either emailed to email@example.com or mailed toGAMA · PO Box 468161, Atlanta, GA 31146 by October 31st, 2016.
- All valid nominations will be published on November 10th, 2016.
- Candidates have until November 20th, 2016 to withdraw their nominations if needed.